About Kalu Yala
Villa Vento Kalu Yala Hostel
A new prisitine jungle destination in Panama (Just 1 hour from Panama City)
🏚A completely unique eco friendly settlement in the rainforest just east of Panama City. Promoting communal life and offering an inspirering jungle experience.
- Dorm bed $15
- Private tent $25
- Hiking many onsite trails
- Several swimming holes and waterfalls
- Farm tour
- Distillery tour and tasting
- High speed solar powered WIFI
- Great social atmosphere
🥗 Food package (Per person)
- Normal Package:
3 meals for $15. (Drinks no included)
- Premium Food Package:
3 meals, 2 snacks, 2 drinks (Happy Hour Beer + Morning coffee/tea) for $25.
Also, there is a stove next to the kitchen which visitors can use.
🚌 How to get there from Panama City
- Metro train from any station. ($1)
- Bus from road at Nuevo Tocumen to San Miguel-La Dona. ($1.25)
- After passing 3 speed bumps you arrive in the town of San Miguel. Turn right at the sign that say "Bienvenidos a San Miguel" and Kalu Yala Base Camp is the 3rd house on the right.
- From you either take a shuttle for $12 pp or hike in 1.5 hours.(shuttle must be scheduled in advance)
A remote jungle wonderland but keep in mind...
- You must schedule a shuttle in ahead of time or hike in which takes 1.5 hours.
- This is a settlement, not a full town, which is part of the charm. There is no markets of any kind, but we have a little store at the town square.
- There is a small bar at the town square and the Kaluayala destillery has the best licor ever!
- There is no a restaurant, food is included on the package or there is a stove next to the kitchen which guest can use. If guests have the food included, this will be served at the following times.
❖ Breakfast: 8am
❖ Lunch: 12pm
❖ Dinner: 6pm
- The accomodations are bunk beds dorms or private tents, over a platform and there is mosquito nets in the dorms. Bathroom and shower are next to the platform.